Submissions/Collaborating on Collaborative Video for Wikipedia
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
Collaborating on Collaborative Video for Wikipedia (merged into Joint Video Workshop)
- Type of submission
tutorial / presentation):
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Other initiatives (some of which have proposals for talks here at Wikimania) include: Efforts to support new industry free video formats from Google. The "Lets Get Video on Wikipedia" campaign in collaboration with the Open Video Alliance, and Wikimedia New York City. Making video more accessible via multi-lingual timed text subtitles with collaboration with the Participatory Culture Foundation Universals Subtitles efforts. P2P next content distribution via peer to peer / community CDN. Making searching, upload and inserting of media easy ( add-media-wizard). And of course Kaltura's big undertaking of building a collaborative HTML5 video editor ;)
I will briefly present the state of these collaborations and outline the many ways people can get involved to help realize Collaborative Video on Wikipedia.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
Not yet created.