Submissions/power to the writing process
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
power to the writing process
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
Henning Klein, Matthias Wernicke, Frederic Matthe
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- 30-word contribution & benefits statement
Short overviews a.) of didactical approaches dealing with MediaWiki-based scientific writing using reference management and/or b.) of necessary technical solutions to support writing processes (reference management, card index, outlining). Following by discussions about didactical requirements on the use of Wikis in this way and/or possibilities of connecting additional tools/softwares to MediaWiki.
Who we are
- Proposed time frame (0,75 or 1,5 or 3 h)
The workshop will focus on facilitating the use of a mediawiki environment as an efficient tool for scientific writing. We will discuss the special problems that arise when a mediawiki is used in this capacity. Matters for special consideration are:
- wiki learning scenarios in higher education
- chances and problems of cooperation/collaboration processes in the context of wiki based scientific writing
- mediawiki as card index box (slip box, zettelkasten)
- integration of bibliographic tools
- chances and problems of wiki farms in educational context
- layout and printing resources
It is possible to focus this workshop more on aspects of knowledge/collaboration as well as on the technical aspects (infrastructure).
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
Knowledge and Collaboration / Infrastructure
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)