Submissions/WikiProjects and Automation< Submissions
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
WikiProjects and Automation: Be lazy so you can work hard
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
My experience as a coordinator on several WikiProjects and large-scopes collaboration has led me to make great use of the bot-writing community found on the English Wikipedia. In this talk, I would like to share this experience with others, and discuss a few bots and their impact on Wikipedia. Particularly:
- Tagging bots
- ArticleAlertbot: Article Alerts
- WolterBot: Cleanup listings
- WikiStatsBOT: Journal Cited by Wikipedia
- JL-Bot: Walls of Recognized Content
- WildBot: Cleanup: Disambiguation and Wikipedia Books
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
Knowledge and Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
The talk will be in English, but I can answer questions in either French or English
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).