Submissions/Tenets for our Common Good< Submissions
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
Essential Tenets for the Maintenance of our Common Good
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
United States of America
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Green Diamond Systems
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
The "common good" is the collection of what no one person owns, but which all people depend upon for life. A simple example is the air we breathe. No one owns it but we would all perish without it. Right now the "common good" is being threatened by an evolving climate crisis that affects us all. Just a shift of a few degrees in the global temperature could deliver a fatal blow to the "common good" by changing what is now a benign climate into a hostile one that can no longer sustain life.
This crisis must be dealt with as if it were a life and death matter.
This document provides some guidance for how to enable humanity to act responsibly in a coordinated fashion without deprivation of anyone’s rights. An attempt is made to recognize the sources of control and motivation that exist and how to enable effective response as if our lives depended on it.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
It is unlikely - funds and time are limited but would be interested in a webinar
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~). CameronpageCameronpage 12:49, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- Add your username here.