Submissions/Open source knowledge, the history, the present and the future< Submissions
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
- Open-source knowledge, the history, the present and the future.
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Vijay Vittal Parsi Sreenivas
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Scientific, Physics-Engineering related.
- Personal homepage or blog
This presentation intends to highlight the facts about open-source knowledge in scientific research, its importance and implications. The presentation also intends to dig out the source of the open-source learning and free distribution of knowledge. These sources would include a comprehensive overview of world-cultures and their standpoint on open-source learning and its outcomes. The future of open-source learning and knowledge in accordance with the present day research-scenario would also be presented with adequate references to the world cultures. In a nutshell, I would like to emphasize on the cultural aspect of open-source knowledge (Wikimedia Foundation) and its implications in scientific research.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- People, community, knowledge and collaboration.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted? Yes
- Slides or further information (optional)
- An openoffice.org presentation with aprrox. 12 slides.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).