Submissions/Feudal Wikipedia< Submissions
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
The emergence of Government on Wikipedia
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
Marc A. Pelletier
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
We examine the parallels between the emergence of government structures and societal organization in early Medieval Europe and Wikipedia; examining the similarities and divergences as they developed over nine years of life, and their observable effects on the content and contributors of the encyclopedia.
We will examine what lessons may be learned from the instabilities of emerging sociopolitical structures and how applicable they may be to the future evolution of governance on community-run collaborative content construction in general, and Wikipedia in particular.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
People and Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Gritzko 11:00, 20 May 2010 (UTC) had similar ideas
- guillom 17:53, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
- --Ravidreams 19:04, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
- Jodi.a.schneider 01:03, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
- Kelson 09:36, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
- Philippe 18:55, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
- Kocio 13:04, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
- Zack 13:06, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
- Psychology 17:12, 4 June 2010 (UTC)