Submissions/Collaborative Lesson Planning< Submissions
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
- Collaborative Lesson Planning
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Charles Jeffrey Danoff
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Teachers around the world teach lesson plans using the same textbooks, but there is no common process for them to speak to each other before/during/after the semester to compare notes, share ideas and publish their findings for the world to see. Wikiversity could be one place this could and should be done. Teachers should post lesson plans pertaining to chapter topics before, during and after the semester. Simultaneously colleagues around the world can check notes with them, edit, share, copy and do more. After the semester is done the resource can be online permanently for anyone to use for self-study or for some teacher down the line. Instead of re-inventing the wheel every term, teachers can work together to build a car.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Knowledge and Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted? No either way, probably.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Rough draft of speech
- My research on myself with this in mind on wikiversity
- My wiki with my current lesson plans