Submissions/Batch uploading at Commons
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
- Batch uploading at Commons
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Tutorial (or maybe workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Commons & Wikimedia Nederland
- Personal homepage or blog
- Userpage at Commons
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Uploading one image to Commons can be difficult, but what about uploading a thousand images to Commons? At Commons we call this batch uploading. Files can come from different sources like public domain websites, Flickr or maybe as part of a partnership, but have a lot in common: The images are free and need to be somehow integrated into the collection of files at Commons. How do you do this? What tools do we have to assist? What kind of techniques are available? How to get the images categorized so that user can actually find them? What are common(s) difficulties and pitfalls? I'll try to guide you through the maze. I'll use past and current projects to try to answer these questions and share the lessons learned.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Knowledge and Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Probably will
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).